Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, January 01, 2009

It's a New Year - Let's Get Funky

Happy New Year! Welcome 2009! I am lovin it already.

The first thing I'm going to do in this new year is to point you to We Funk Radio - again. I've blogged about them in the past, but what they do can never be championed enough. I have been diggin these guys for years. They are very cool, indeed. This is where I get my hip hop fix infused w/rare soul and old school jams. I'm talking Johnny Guitar Watson, Sly Stone, James Brown, George Duke and many more unknowns.

Here's what's to like about listening to We Funk Radio. They are out of CKUT in Montreal. But their webbie is incredible. Not only can you listen to the steam, but you can check out their deep archives. My fav We Funk Radio show is one where they kick down some JB to start the show off and then they wrap it up w/some Johnny Guitar Watson and Rick James. Of course, there's new and old hip hop all up in there too.

They even go a step further in the archives, by providing track listings. Now that is a big deal to me because nearly every time I listen to a show, I say to myself "Who is that?". But there is even another level to the track listings. Professor Groove and dj Static have created a Learn&Own section and all you have to do is click on the artists name for more information. Very cool, indeed.

Just know that CKUT is a community radio station and they will kindly accept your donations (especially bandwidth donations).

Check out this section of their webbie for all the basic info:
Okay hip hoppers, you can now start the New Year off right! kfox.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home