Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Monday, December 29, 2008

Some Hip Hop I'd Love to Check Out, If Only I Had the Time

My schedule is crammed and I have lots going on and I am sure that you do too. I barely have time to post to this blog, but I do love my hip hop and isn't it true that we make the time for the things that we like...?

But as each week passes, I realize that there is yet another hip hop project that is released that I have not had a chance to listen to. As a result, the list has grown, so rather than keep the good info from you, I am putting it out there. If you have peeped any of these, then do share some insight on what is exceptionally awesome and what is merely okay.

Product Image

"White Van Music" by Jake One
This Rhymesayers Entertainment artist has released his first project under Jake One and it is riddled w/his label mates talent and then some. I know that I am missing out. I hope to check it out sooner rather than later.



Product Image

"Separate But Equal (Drama Free Version)" by Little Brother
This baby just dropped last month. The most I've heard on this one is the 30 preview on Amazon. They gets down and I want to hear it in its entirety.



Product Image

"Fun DMC" by People Under The Stairs
I have not listened to anything by PUTS for about a year now. I like their delivery and their longevity; they've been in the game for over a decade.

That's only three and yes, there are more. I'll try to share those in another day or so. If I don't get around to it before the new year though, remember, everything in moderation hip hoppers. kfox.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan A. said...

JakeOne is some pretty dope stuff. Check it out as soon as you can bro!

Evan
http://www.beyondrace.com

3:52 PM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

I've listened to some Jake One, but not all of it. It's on my short list, but my short list is growing. Thanks.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home