Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Saturday, December 27, 2008

You Won't Need a Reminder About The Knux

I don't know what has taken me so long to write about The Knux because now it looks as if I am jumping on the bandwagon. Nothing wrong w/that, as in, 'better late than never'.

But I've been diggin The Knux on Imeem for sometime. I don't know when I got turned on to this brother duo, but I am hooked. They seem to have an upbeat and positive spirit despite having been displaced from their hometown of New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina.

Their first disk is called "Remind Me in 3 Days...". Nice one too. They have some fun, play around w/some non-traditional hip hop beats and they lay it down. I like their lyricism - raw and quirky.

Word has it that they gained some notoriety from the track "Bang Bang" which was featured on an episode of HBO's "Entourage", but since I am cable-less, I don't know that firsthand ... but I do believe it to be the truth.

Here are a few more resources so that you can get your Knux fix:
I highly recommend that you check out them out on Imeem; lots of music, videos and an extended bio.

I may or may not remind you, but hip hoppers, you don't want to miss out on a good thing. kfox.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home