Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Jake One's "The Truth"

I stumbled on this this gritty and grimy track w/its slow beat and searing lyrics on the Rhymesayers webbie. It's Jake One accompanied by Freeway and Brother Ali. Ali's delivery stands out as strong and dank.

Here's the vid:



Time for me to diversify my hip hop palette ... what are you hip hoppers listening to? kfox.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger ΣMPΔTHΨ said...

Sorry I couldn't find a more sophisticated way to contact you, but I was wondering if you would check out my band : http://mtbag.blogspot.com/
and feature us on your blog. You can contact me at empathythemphamous@yahoo.com, thanks!

2:37 AM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Thanks for reminding me to post my contact info.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home