Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Hip Hop Holiday Classic: "Christmas Rappin" by Kurtis Blow

This is an all-time holiday fav of mine, right along side "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt, "Merry Christmas Baby" by Charles Brown and "This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway.

I can remember when this song came out. I can tell you all the details including what I got for Christmas that year - 1979. Good times. I am particularly fond of the extended version, but I'll take what I can get.



So to celebrate the season, here is a different version of the song, but nice to see Kurtis Blow delivering the lines. I could listen to this song year round.

Interestingly enough, I could not locate the lyrics for this song which are so fun and boastful. We should all do our part and post up a section.

Happy holidays hip hoppers. kfox.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home