Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Monday, December 22, 2008

The Metermaids Don't Need Your Change

The Metermaids have been together for roughly two years. But you'd never really know it. They do have a chemistry. When I say they, I mean the two of them Swell and Sentence; a couple of guys from N-Y-C.

Their first full length project is "Nightlife". I only had a chance to listen to two tracks. And unfortunately their style left me desiring something different, something more at least that's how I felt listening to "Feel Alive". I like it, it just seemed kind of ho hum. "Nightlife" was cool too, but it did not come off as original. I kept thinking 'I know that I've heard that sound before ... '.

They've even gone out and done a mash up of "Nightlife" and Sufjan Stevens "Illinoise" called "Nightlife in Illinoise". I did not get a chance to listen to this one. But it is on my short list.

And you too can check out the Metermaids:
So keep your change hip hoppers, and remember that you heard the Metermaids when ... ? kfox.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home