Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Adele + 80s Hip Hop = Mick Boogie's "Adele 1988"

This gonna be hot!

I know that you all have heard the buzz on Adele, if not, then it's not too late to jump on board. But jump fast so that you can fully appreciate dj Mick Boogie's latest project. It's purported to be a mixture of Adele and 80s hip hop. Whhuuudd? At least I am curious.

Now here's the most interesting thing, at least from my perspective. I love beats. Uptempo music. Adele is so not that. But her voice is butter. So imagine that, that voice, along w/some hip hop beats...

If you can't imagine it, then check out this video promo for the project:

Mick Boogie presents... Adele: 1988 from MickBoogie on Vimeo.

And it's gonna be a freebie download too. I do like spreading the love about good stuff. The fact that it's free is just a bonus. December 17th is the date.

Go ahead hip hoppers and do your research on Adele's "19" or even give it a relisten so that you can appreciate the next phase. I'm off to do the same. kfox.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home