Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Lady Sovereign "Jig-Raw!"

Lady Sovereign's next cd is "Jigsaw" and it has an April release date. The first single "I Got You Dancing" is already out there.

Since her first release, "Public Warning" heralded "Love Me or Hate Me", "Random" and other tracks, I think that there is some build up for this Lady Sov project.

I've had the pleasure of listening to "Jig-Raw" - a mashup of Lady Sov material by Jack Beats.

It's pretty cool. I don't know that I can hear much growth in her as an emcee and her style pretty much remains the same. I can dig that. It's a damn if you do and damn if you don't kind of thing. If she changes or adapts her style, people get critical and the same if she doesn't change a thing. What's a girl to do? I'm hoping down the road that she does go in a different direction or she will be here today and gone tomorrow.

I know that I should save my comments for when the full project drops, but I think I have a pulse on this one hip hoppers. kfox.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home