Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Saturday, January 24, 2009

M.I.A. Oscar Nomination for "Slumdog Millionaire" Song

I've seen "Slumdog Millionaire" and it's a nice movie (check out my review of "Slumdog Millionaire" and I'll probably see it again soon. But what stood out for me in the movie was the music. It really drives the movie and the music is mostly upbeat throughout the movie. That Indian vibe is killer. Love that.

So the Academy took note of the music in "Slumdog Millionaire" as well. The movie got a nod for best score. But I was hyped to know that M.I.A. got a nomination for "O Saya". It's a song driven by drums and chanting and then M.I.A. lays it down. Awesome. "O Saya" is up against another track from "Slumdog Millionaire" as well as song from "Wall-E".


O... Saya - M.I.A.

Now hip hoppers, I don't expect you to sit through the entire Oscar ceremony on Sunday, February 22, 2009, but at least check back to see if M.I.A. gets the guy. kfox.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Varun G said...

Hey u have good article or i can say news on your blog. Hey u can read my post on Movie Slumdog Millionaire. As u know this movie has already won 4 Golden Global awards and now yesterday nominated for 10 Oscar. WOW....

4:02 AM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Thanks for the love. I'm glad that the movie is getting all the attention. It's just an all around good flick.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Download Slumdog Millionaire MP3 From : DOWNLOAD

Download Slumdog Millionaire MP3 From : DOWNLOAD

Download Slumdog Millionaire MP3 From : DOWNLOAD

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DA MUVI ROX BRU!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home