Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

You Can Bounce to This!

So I've stumbled up on SoulBounce. It's a webbie w/a focus on music. Not just hip hop, but it's all good because good music is just that. What's not to like about a website that has a picture of Richard Roundtree aka Shaft in the banner... oh, and Foxy Brown too?

There are some music reviews as well as some music and mixtapes that you can listen to and/or download. Very cool. I listened to one mixtape of Amerie. I don't know why I gravitated in that direction because I am not a super duper fan of Amerie, but I don't dislike her either. Anyway, it was okay. Not fabulous or awesome, just okay.

But the one thing I'm diggin on time and time again is SoulBounce Blended & Beat vol. 3. I did not think this one would be my speed. Meaning I thought that it would be a slow to mid-tempo joint. But surprise me why dontcha ... there was some mid-tempo, but they kicked up a notch as well. Got me all anxious for the next round.

I do likes the SoulBounce Sniff Test too : take four artists, provide a lil background and a track to see who passes the sniff test. If all else fails, you get put on to an artist you were otherwise unfamiliar with ... that was the case for me. Sort of took notice of Colin Munroe "Piano Lessons"; produced by Black Milk.

I could go on, but you need to check it for yourself. Just sharing the love hip hoppers. kfox.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home