Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Pardon the Interruption ...

Hey, hey, hey ... I have a lengthy stack of what promises to be 'this year's best and brightest in hip hop.' Well, in my humble opin, that is an exaggeration. But, heck, I won't really know until I check it out now, eh?

Whatever the case may be, the cds keep piling up and the entire stack was recently ignored because I discovered a highly acclaimed disk that I thought was never sent my way (the love, it does exist; people to organize the onslaught of music mail to seek out goodies sent my way ...? Well, you know how that one goes).

So what is the high charting lovely that has left me pumpin my fist? Wax Tailor! Ooooooh wee... Labeled as electronic & dance (and ask me if I'm mad about that ...?). It is what it is and it is good music. Lots of it is instrumental, interspersing snippets from movies and other pieces of aural archives, Tailor's "Tales of the Forgotten Melodies" is genius. Awesome arrangements of social commentary and memories of days gone by.

I still need to get back to the task at hand and that is giving you the low on:
  • Lupe Fiasco - for someone so anxious to get this, I sure as hell am slow at giving you some insight, huh?
  • Common Market - likin this one mostly; need to listen more thoroughly
  • Sol.illaquists of Sound - if I judged a disk by its cover, I'd say I'd like it; it's colorful with some drawings (could I give a sorrier description?)
  • Finless Brown - Originally based in Cleveland, they bounced to the west coast a few years back to pursue their music career (gotta give love to Paulie Rhyme yall)
  • There is more, but I don't want to give you an idea of how behind I am on listening to the music (I wish I could say I've been listening to overly academic topics submitted by overzealous researcher-type students, but you already know ...)

I'm out hip hoppers ... off to prep for another full day 'on the quad,' kfox

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home