Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Where the hell is my hip hop ... ?

Well ... it's kinda slow around my way. The flow of hip hop has been drastically reduced. I wish I could explain the situation, but I have no idea.

But because I want you all to know that I am here for you, I devised a little something for a rainy day like so simply called TEN QUESTIONS:


1. Why is it that hip hop continues to be male dominated?

2. Does anyone other than teeny-boppers like Fergie's new song "London Bridge"?

3. If you can get down wit the get down, what keeps you up ... ?

4. Are independent record companies really being run by the big dogs?

5. How much will it cost to get a portable music player that has satellite radio, plays a variety of audio files, terrestial radio, can record all sources, build playlists, is compatible with several music players and has video capability?

6. Am I asking for too much?

7. When is it NOT okay to educate kids using hip hop?

8. Do you really think that Kanye West thinks he is NOT really arrogant and egotistical, but merely 'confident'?

9. What do you think keeps Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri together?

10. Will The Roots ever get it wrong?

That's all for now ... keep showin the love, kfox

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Nice list! I like the assortment of colors, too.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home