Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, August 31, 2006

I heart J Dilla

You all already know that J Dilla's "The Shining" is available @ a music outlet near you ...? Heck, I know that you are a part of the download generation, so do what you do.

On top of Dilla's posthumous disk, you also know the The Roots' "Game Theory" is out there for your consumption, right? Of course you do.

As I was listening to both projects, I got teary eyed. It's really heartbreaking that Dilla is no longer amongst us. And I wonder why God would take away such a talented person at what seemed like the apex of his career ...? But I'm somber because the last track on The Roots "Game Theory" is an eight and a half minute tribute to Dilla. It is so apropo. Then I finally finished reading the liner notes on Dilla's "The Shining." where ?uestlove gives it up to his boy in such a respectable way that it is moving.

If you get a chance, check out Dilla's discography and see what he was all about - see how he touched your life and you did not even know.

Shine on hip hoppers ... kfox

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Listen to music or lyrics at the site:
>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/controlla-lyrics-16853.html
>>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/take-care-3-lyrics-16852.html

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home