Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Roots Tour 2009

If you know even the slightest bit about me, then you know that I sort of, kind of, like The Roots alot. In particular, I like to see them perform live (check out this post too). Unfortunately I recall just last year when I had several near misses w/Roots shows, but I never got to see them perform in 2008.

Welcome a new year and hopefully a chance to balance things out. Yeah.

I hope that you also know that The Roots are the house band for Jimmy Fallon's new show. That is good news for me. Not so much in that I could see/hear The Roots perform nightly (not going to happen because I won't stay up that late to watch and I don't have a DVR). However, the good news is that they are taking up shop in NYC and thus giving me a chance to physically see them perform live. Ah ha.

You see, I have an incredibly weird work schedule and I am typically off on Monday and Tuesday. According to the most recent Roots tour sked, they have several shows on Monday night. I am already getting excited because I have friends who have recently relocated to the City and it is all good.

You know, usually this blog is all about you, and this post is too, just more about how I will enjoy this opportunity.

Check the sked ... maybe we can troll the Chelsea district, Greenwich Village or something:
The tix for the NYC shows @ the Highline Ballroom are $10 in advance; $12 the day of the show. Now that's a price the budget conscious can get down with.

So how about it hip hoppers ... a little roadie to the Big Apple? Remember, it's all for hip hop. kfox.
NOTE: image from Plug One

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home