Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Adding insult to injury

So I'm off to Vegas for a couple of days - all work and very little play. Attending and presenting at a conference "Conducting Research for Non-Profit Media" - ooooh, juicy topic, eh? Whatever, point is, I get to get away, talk media and test new technology. Oh, and I plan to see Wayne Brady perform while I'm there. I hear that his "Making %@ It Up" show is hilarious. Though he is no replacement for what I am missing while I am away.

Which brings me to my main point ... what appears to be a cruel joke that is being played on me. The Roots are scheduled to perform at Carnegie Mellon University. I got all geeked only to discover that I would be nearly two thousand miles away when the action arrives in The 'Burgh. Not so great for me. But to add insult to injury, I just learned that my boy, ?uestlove - Roots drummer and dj extraordinarie, is performing a set at a local club - yeah, it's true and I am soo sad about it.

I have not seen The Roots perform Live in, what, almost a year ... ? Sinful. So I've been combin through their other tour dates to see when I can be down, but it's not looking so good. I'm considering the D.C. dates, but I know the tix will be outrageously priced. The next good lookin date is the Festival Pier on June 7. We'll see.

So hip hoppers, if you are down and checkin out my guys, can I live vicariously through you or what?

**NOTE: image borrowed from The Roots blog

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PJ said...

aww i feel for ya im anxious though theyre coming down here to new orleans in may for jazzfest

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home