Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

the block is hot...what'd you think ...?

Yes, yes, yall ... it is indeed another posting on what is fast becoming my favorite dvd of all time! Throw ya hands up for "Dave Chappelle's Block Party."

So I finally broke open the highly anticipated (highly anticipated by me, of course) disk and I went straight to the scenes section to check out The Fugees segment - "Killing Me Softly" to be specific. Oh, what a treat. That song brings goose bumps to my lil brown arms ...

Eventually I checked out more of the disk. What I took note of was Dead Prez. Now, here are two guys who I like for the message they bring - socially conscious in the most raw form! I don't have my whispy hip hop collection in front of me, but I do own at least one of their cds. It's nice that they get some love from Chappelle on "... Block Party."

I also checked out some of the extras ... just some additional interviews with people who are in the movie. Not too bad ...

My friend, Angela, says that "Dave Chappelle's Block Party" sounds like a hip hop version of Waxstaxx (I think that's how it is spelled). Unfortunately, I have not viewed Waxstaxx, so I am on a mission to track it down.

I have more to say, but my laptop says it is time to shut it down ... the countdown is on til I order my new laptop - exactly two weeks (and it will NOT be a Mac - just too pricey, though I'm sure it's worth nearly every penny of the two thousand dollars on the price tag and that's with all the bells and whistles). But I do love my current laptop like I love my Jeep! Wooooo-who!

I'm outtie hip hoppers ... stay true, kfox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home