Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, April 24, 2009

Ghostface Killah & Doom "Chinatown Wars"

I must admit that I like Ghostface Killah. I've blogged about his music on several occasions. What's not to like about Tony Starks? So when he's involved in a project, it gets my attention.

I don't do video games, not a personal boycott or anything, just not something I'm doing w/my spare time. But I will check out the music to video games. Yeah, sign me up for that. I saw Ghostface Killah's name attached to the latest installment of "Grand Theft Auto - Chinatown Wars". I got all excited.

What gets me more excited is hearing Doom. His voice is so grimy and bully-esque. Love his delivery and his lyrics will put most of the others to shame.

This track really jumps off and not surprisingly, it is produced by Oh No. The music is okay and there's a catchy hook, but it's the Ghostface/Doom tag team that distinguishes this one from all the rest. It's only three and a half minutes long and I wish it was just a bit longer.

Get ya game on hip hoppers, and your groove on too. kfox.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home