Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mick Boogie's "The Honor Roll" Mixtape

So I finally got around to actually seeing the 2008 VH1 Hip Hop Honors. It was cool. Not as hypie as I thought it would be or could be, but I'm always down w/honoring the pioneers. It was funny too because I ended up watching the show @ my parents house. The show came on @ midnight and my mom was still up. She insisted on turning the channel; I insisted that I desperately needed to see this show. She let me have my way and minutes later was seen dancing to Cypress Hill ... whaaaadd? Yeah, apparently my mom gets down like that.

So dj Mick Boogie put together a mixtape in the same spirit as the Hip Hop Honors - The Honor Roll. This is something fly; for real. I did not know what to expect. He'd been teasing it via his Twitter account and on his blog, Press Play Fashion Forward. But that did not give me any indication of what I was in for.

It is a meld of new school meets old - some newer artists taking on the classics and not just musically as you get w/the actual program, no, these folks bring their own bag of lyricism and swagger. I could get down w/this from a issue/volume perspective. Bring it own. I like "The Show" as well as an homage to Too Short. Oh, and it's narrated by MC Serch. What a treat.

I could go on and on, but the good news is that this baby is available for your listening pleasure. And at the ever popular cost of zero dollars and cents (that'd be zero Euros too). Find the love @ his PPFF blog.

So get to downloading hip hoppers, share the love and let me know what you think. kfox.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home