Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Monday, October 20, 2008

The No Title Post

So I'm missing the Atmosphere show tonight in the 'Burgh. And there is a 75% chance that I will will MURS this weekend in both Cleveland AND Pittsburgh. Sucks to be me.

But what makes me happy is a little old school hip hop. I've been trolling around the interweb - as I'm sure you do as well. I've heard of Blip.tv, but I went there w/a different purpose this time. I might do some podcasts here in the future. I need all free services to make this thing work - at least to start. I also need to know what can I bring to that platform that others are not bringing especially since you all have such short attention spans.

Point is while trolling around Blip, I found this little hip hop podcast. It's not anything grand just some old school and it's about 8 minutes.


I see you hip hoppers, I see you ... kfox

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex Landefeld said...

Kim,

nice find.

Free is where it's at. The low barrier to entry is optimal, to bring talent to the fore without requiring more than minimal recording/production equipment and a 'net connection.

Sounds like the Jazz podcaster used Apple's GarageBand (I recognize some of the opening loops). Blip.tv, Viddler, Blogger (with which you're familiar), Wordpress.com...all sorts of free services.

My http://houseforlorn.blogspot.com "House Forlorn Reads" podcasts use Apple's iWeb for distribution...but for video and blogging, I use the above services.

..Alex.

4:51 PM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

Nice insight/info Alex. Thanks much.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home