Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm Goin to See MURS! For Real ...


Okay, so it's been a minute since I've been to a hip hop show. No good reason. It used to be that I'd say "I don't have anyone to go with". But I had to get over that. Even if I manage to drag someone out, they may get antsy and want to break out before I'm ready to call it a night. That can create some tension; I'd rather just go it alone and do what I do, right?

So, I'm really and seriously considering checking out MURS in Cleveland in a couple of weeks:

~HIP HOP PERFORMANCE w/MURS~

On Friday, October 24, 2008
@ the Beachland Ballroom
15711 Waterloo Road
Doors open @ 8:30 p.m.; showtime @ 9 p.m.
Tix are $12 ... call 216.241.5555

I mean, it works for my sked, the price is right and it's MURS! Whhhuuuuddd.

I'm also considering checkin out Atmosphere (though not the Clev show; the Pittsburgh show might work better for me). I just love the title of his latest: "When Life Gives You Lemons, Paint That Shit Gold". That's positive thinking for yo ass.

I know what you're thinkin ... if I have not been to a show in a bit, then maybe I should take it easy instead of trying to take in two shows in one week - I think the Pittsburgh show is on a Monday, oh and Blueprint is on the bill too, and then the MURS show is on that Friday. Well, don't you worry your lil hip hop head too much because your girl will strike the right balance - I always do.

Stay alert for any post show reviews ... and I hope to check out the VH1 Hip Hop Honors @ some point this wknd - I'm tryin to keep up w/you- hip hoppers, kfox.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Zack said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home