Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, September 28, 2007

Finless Brown



Who is Finless Brown? I don't really know who they are, but I do know that Paulie Rhymes is a part of the crew. Rhymes is a hybrid of so many trades, but I guess that is the guise of many independent hip hoppers. There is the craft itself, but once you get the beats and lyrics, someone has a promote the product, book the shows and interviews, plan the travel, etc. But Rhymes is not just full of one dimensional talent - he's an all around good person to boot.

I met Rhymes in Cleveland several years ago while he was working on an independent film project w/David 'Velo' Stewart.

With that said, whatever he's associated with should be better than good; he will give it his all and motivate others to that level. And with a title like "Public Radio", well, my heart just swells at the thought. Hop on over to
MySpace and listen to how they do it.

I like their sound because it hard to compare them to anyone else. They are a hip hop band w/a female singer, whose voice is distinct; Rhymes does some of the, well, rhymes and as a group, they've been at this for a while. I have an affinity for the live band too (I am a fan of
The Roots, ya know). But really ... you gotta decide for yourself though. Does this sound cryptic - that is unfortunate ...

Let's keep supporting the indy hip hoppers ... yeah, kfox

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home