Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, April 27, 2007

Upon your request ... the Hip Hop Show Playlist

I host a hip hop radio show on WMCO. I've been hosting for about 3 years. It is creatively called "The Hip Hop Show". I have a lot of fun with it. But I rarely get much feedback from the show. However, the I have consistently received feedback from guys who apparently listen from the nearby correctional facility. They just like hearing the music. So we have that in common.

A recent letter from the guys focused on one particular show: Saturday, March 31, 2007. I don't remember anything special about the show, but they were convinced that lyrically, that show was incredibly strong!

Since some of the hip hop that I play on my show needs to be edited, I have to put it into a computer database. As a result, I can go into the database and retrieve the playlist from any given day; though I've seldom had occasion to do that. So, that is what I have done.

"The Hip Hop Show" Playlist from Saturday, March 31, 2007
9 p.m.
Roots-Dip Clip
Modill-Citybus
Wax Tailor-The Games You Play f/Voice
4 Hero-Awakening
Omni-Batterie
BusDriver-Less Yes's. More No's
Ghostface-Street Opera
El P-Habeas Corpses
Little Brother-Whatever
Jedi Mind Tricks-Suicide
Clipse-We Got It For Cheap
K-Os-Electrik Heat
Loer Velocity-Nuth'n
Gabriel Teodros-East Afrika
Strange Fruit Project & Erykah Badu-Get Live
Omni-Batterie

10 p.m.
Lady Sov-Ch Ching
Amy Winehouse-You Know I'm No Good
Macromantics-Locksmith
Lily Allen-Knockem Out
The Streets-Prangin Out
Lady Sovereign-Love Me or Hate Me
Amy Winehouse-Rehab
Macromantics-Scorch
El P-Smithereens
Atmosphere-Panic Attack
Now-E&A
rjd2-Final Frontier
Fort Minor-Feel Like Home
Colossus-Brotha's Tryin' To Be
Audio Bullys-Keep On Moving

11 p.m.
Old School Hip Hop Classic: Whodini-Friends
Blackalicious-Black Diamonds & Pearls
x144&SPS-To Self
Subtitle-Pill Pop
Serengeti-Feeding
Pigeon John-Money Back Guarantee
Zion I & The Grouch-Trains and Planes
X144 & SPS-Last Voice
Jedi Mind Tricks-Put' Em in the Grave
RZA-Cameo Afro
Mos Def-True Magic
Roots-Baby
BusDriver-Casting Agents and Cowgirls
J Dilla-Let's Take It Back
Cadence-Sharks

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home