Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Sunday, April 22, 2007

What your ears don't hear

This is just a quick little post about the hottest of the hotness right now. This is what your ears don't hear on the saturated radio dial. But it's what I do as a service to the community ... it is truly my pleasure!

I was caught off guard by Lifesavas! "Gutterfly" is incredible! It is likeable all the way through. The lyrics are woven in the storytelling kinda way that I like and the beats are quite nice. What I need is a radio friendly version, but it does not exist and I get the impression that there won't be one. And guess what, I don't have the time to do the copious edits on this one, but I like it. It just won't get any airtime on WMCO. Here's what you will like about "Gutterfly," it includes guest spots by the legendary George Clinton, Butterfly from Digable Planets, Fishbone, dead prez, Smif 'n' Wessun and more. Even the cover art is cool ... don't you think?

The next thing that is jumpin off is iCon the Mic King! Woooo whoooo yeah. I am still in the process of digesting this one, but it is a keeper - "Mike and the Fat Man".

So start your week off right and get your music tight ... and stay true to your old school hip hop self, kfox

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home