Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, March 09, 2007

Hip Hop Rock Hall Inductees!

It's true! It's official. Pick a cliche. Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday, March 12, 2007! How crazy cool is that...? I love listening to "The Message"; Listening...? I mean, singing because I know all of the lyrics! GMF&FF have always created party music with a conscious. Good stuff.

Jay-Z will induct the legendary hip hoppers into the Hall. I'm not even disappointed that the actual ceremony is NOT in Cleveland; it's held in New York City (just too damn cold in Cleveland this time of year) ... I'm just estatic that hip hop is representing. I'm also ready to craft the list of who will be the next artist from the hip hop genre to get inducted ... I would hope Rakim!

I love going to the Rock Hall in Cleveland. You say, how often do I go? Well, I have not been in about a year, but you can count on me checking it out sometime this year! Heck yeah.

Check out these webbies for more on this topic:


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home