Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Monday, March 26, 2007

The Brit is officially in the building!

Earlier this year, I mentioned Amy Winehouse. Well, the british sensation has officially arrived on the U.S. music radar.

I came to know Winehouse via The Roots' ?uestlove (not personally, but he had been tauting her on his blog and what not), so I thought I'll give it a try. I thought that she was okay, but I really thought that my sister would enjoy it. So I ponyed up the Euros to get the disk prior to the U.S. release. And yeah, it did cost about $17 for nearly 30 minutes of music. To Winehouse's credit, the project (her second) is chock full of fresh profanity and upbeat, Motown-esque songs; it is both likeable and loveable.

So I ask my sis a few days after Christmas how she like the album and she says "I have not listened to it yet..." Are you kidding me; you better get grateful and pump that on your iPod (that I also invested in ...; spoiled little sisters). Point is the girl is now hooked and is singing the Winehouse praise to anyone who will listen.

We are now seeking some tix to one of Winehouse's sparse U.S. gigs. Until then, we at least have Winehouse's recent appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home