Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Need more time to listen

Checkin out some new music in my favorite genre ... though I must admit that I have not given some of these a full listen:

Brother Ali "The Undisputed Truth" - I began listening to this one at work, but then I left it at work when I really wanted to listen to it at home ... so the jury is still out on this one.

J Dilla "Ruff Draft" - I've listened to several tracks and it's good (I know that's a cop out, but it'll have to suffice for now).

Stephen Marley "Mind Control" - I love, love, love the title cut; also contains tracks w/Mos Def as well as Damien "Junior Gong" Marley; this one is awesome from front to back; oh, "The Traffic Jam" is crazy cool-great beat!

Other notables:
Gabriel Tedros
El-P
Cadence Weapon
Omni

New disks that I don't have (but if I had them, would I make the time to listen to them ... ? Heck yeah!):
Talib Kweli
KRS-One

Movin forward and ah ain't lookin back, kfox!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home