Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Never too tired for hip hop

Hello all...no post last week - now what is up with that? It's the end of the semester and things are getting hectic ... but I'm never too tired for hip hop!

Some new joints have landed in my cd infested office. I have a new cd from AWOL ONE "The War of Art" along with 2MEX & LIFE REXALL's "$Martyr." I've given the AWOL ONE a quick listen and discovered that I like track #7 "Get You" which features Pigeon John on background vocals (and I do likes me some Pigeon John). "The War of Art" also includes appearances by the infamous KRS ONE as well as EYEDEA from Rhymesayers plus more. I have not checked out "$Martyr," but I look forward to it because it just seems different.

There are a couple of really hot artists headed to the northcoast: SOUL POSITION will be in Cleveland this weekend (April 22nd). I am considering attending that one. I missed SPANK ROCK last week. PREFUSE and EDAN will be in Cleveland on May 9th. Then it's PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS (PUTS) on May 12th. Not to mention the mainstreamers: Ice Cube, Mike Jones and T.I. (as individual perofrmances), but this here blog ain't about them-the commercial types that is. Oh, one more thing ... on the Cleveland hip hop scene, there is a Jazz meets Hip Hop performance on April 29th. But the hot thang will be the annual "Kings of the Iron Mic" which takes place Memorial Day weekend. It's a hot showcase of the hottest emcees in the city of Cleve. If you want the scoop on venues and ticket prices for any of these shows, just hit me on on the email: kim.radiogirl@gmail.com ... yeah, do that!

So I am going to finish this off with the recent chartoppers for WMCO's Sunday Night Hip Hop Show:

1
SOUL POSITION
"THINGS GO BETTER WITH RJ AND AL"

2
APATHY
"EASTERN PHILOSOPHY"

3
SERGIO MENDES
"TIMELESS"

4
DEVELOP[MENTAL]1
"VARIOUS ARTISTS"

5
J DILLA
"DONUTS"

6
CARVING A NEW STANDARD VOL. 1
"VARIOUS ARTISTS"

7
PUBLIC ENEMY
"REBIRTH OF A NATION"

8
THE COUP
"PICK A BIGGER WEAPON"

9
DILATED PEOPLES
"20/20"

10
FIVE DEEZ
"KOMMUNICATOR"

your girl is exhausted ... so it off to dreams of beats and rhymes for me...stay true yall,
kfox

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home