Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, March 13, 2009

Loer Velocity's "Uninfatuated" EP

Loer Velocity's music is pretty cool. I've written about him before, but only briefly.

This is a belated Valentine's day project. Late or not, I'll take it. That's how (you, we, I) should show love for good music.

There are only a handful of tracks on the "Uninfatuated" EP. But that's a nice little set. It's a nice laid back project.

Here are my thoughts a three of the tracks from the EP:

First up for review is "Ball N Chain Dames". The music is floaty. Which is not a bad thing. It's a good vibe for the track. Loer compliments the music with a nice mellow flow. Oh and the hook moves at the same pace. The song is chill.

"Spread Luv" bring the tempo up just a bit. And like the previously mentioned track, this one has a smooth hook, "Luv is luv ..."

Lastly, there's the EP title track "Uninfatuated". Oh, so cool. He does his thing on this one too. His flow is consistent throughout the EP. But on this one, he has a woman singing the hook. That mixes things up just enough.

So I like this one. But there is a bit of a problem: I don't know where YOU can get it. I got a promo link from Spectre Music. I also got a link from Audible Treats. I'll have to look into this. Just hang in there.

Loer Velocity's on the Embedded label (the link goes to their site, but it has not been updated in a while). I can get down w/them any day. I am always on the lookout for new joints from them. You ought to do the same.

Get some more Loer Velocity via MySpace. But don't get too infatuated hip hoppers ... kfox

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home