Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lupe Fiasco's "Superstar", "The Cool" and David Letterman

It's true that I have sort of lost my musical focus, hence, my infrequent posting on this here blog. However, I did receive Lupe Fiasco's "The Cool" as a Christmas gift (somebody got it right).

I've listened to and I like it, but I'm at a loss for giving any more details - again a lack of focus. Oh, but I did see Lupe perforn on David Letterman last week (on Letterman's first show since he returned from the strike). The performance was okay - Matthew Santos was with him and they did "Superstar". I really like the music on "Superstar" because it is so unlike hip hop - no blaring beats and crazy bass.

Here's the clip from Letterman:

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Wesley Verhoeve said...

yea not bad at all really. not amazing either though

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home