Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, June 01, 2007

Mister who...?

If I had to select this disk out of a line up, it would not get selected. The cover art is a bit retro and cute and elementary, but I don't think I would have given it a second look.

But I dare to listen to all hip hop that flows through my soon-to-be-departed office. Last week, I got a glimpse of Mr. V. And I had a chance to listen to it this week. Oooooh la la. It's hip hop, I get that, but it's like no two songs are the same; there are so many blends to choose from and note that I said blends: there's hip hop and jazz; garage-like hip hop; instrumentals and more.

"Welcome Home" is pretty cool. My stand out is "On Da Grind" f/XL.

Try that on for size hip hoppers ... kfox

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home