Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007 Hip Hip intake = 0

...I know that your face is on the floor. But I have been music-less for the past few days. Just not listening to music (except for a little bit of radio in the car). It's still early though and classes (i.e. work) have not yet resumed.

I did download the ?uestlove hyped Amy Winehouse. I got it as a backup Christmas gift for my sis. Since the project is not avail in the states, I ventured to an international site and got the joint in Euros. It still only came to about $15. Only eight tracks though. I like it. Oh, but it is NOT, I repeat NOT hip hop. I read somewhere that she's like a Joss Stone - interesting compairson since they are both caucasian female vocalists. Conclusion - I like them both!

That's all I got at the moment ... more in the next few days; give me a coupla days, yall!

Slow movin in the '07 ... kfox

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home