Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Brother Ali's "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color"

Brother Ali "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color"

Album cover for Brother Ali's "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color." Borrowed from the Rhymesayers website

This is a cross post. It was originally posted on The Radiogirl Blog.

A few weeks ago I was playing around on the iPad using the Flipboard app. I like that I can connect my SoundCloud account to Flipboard.

And so I was checking out my SoundCloud stuff and noticed something new from Brother Ali. This guy's the real deal; straight, no chaser. And this new thing "Mourning in America and Dreaming in Color," yeah, to say it's nice and I like it means I just don't have the time to write how I really feel. Actually, the music speaks for itself.

Start w/"Mourning in America" ... if you can handle that.

Oh, and there's this segment from NPR:
Brother Ali: A Voice For The Suffering

So hip hoppers, whaddaya think of this one? kfox.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amarjeet Prasad said...

I admire what you've got accomplished here.

film production
love and hip hop vh1

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I am trying to contact the owner of this blog with regard to advertising and promotion of an artist I work with, however I don't see an email address listed only Twitter information. If you see this please email me at paperkrow@gmail.com at your earliest convenience.

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home