Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, November 25, 2010

VIDEO: The Seed "Grandma's Ballad"

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to check out this video from The Seed (Uptown Swuite, Okis and Jaymez). With a title like "Grandma's Ballad", I knew that it would be all good; I was right.

The flow is nice and mellow as the title suggests. It's a nice pace for the lyrics that the guys deliver. Each of the three emcee's gets a turn to wax about their nanas. It's quite endearing. The video includes footage of the grandmothers too. Nice touch.

It's not a riveting song or video, but it's feel good and something that many of us can relate to.

Be thankful for the grandmothers out there hip hoppers. I know I am. kfox.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song is actually Uptown Swuite OF The Seed featuring Jaymez and Okis. The Seed is MCs, Uptown Swuite and Kahlee along with Producer, Adikt 1.

1:04 AM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

To the anonymous comment above: I needed to know actually that before this posted. The information that I received was hard to make sense of. Thanks for the comment.

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home