Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Friday, October 08, 2010

Young Gully f/Young Dee "Grant Station"


Now we're talking ... here's another case of me just playing some music and having to stop because of the music.

Young Gully f/Young Dee "Grant Station"

I pulled up this email randomly and decided to listen to some music while I was working. So the music was going to be the backdrop, right? But before I could pull down the volume, I said 'what's he saying about a station?' It was catchy; it was mellow; it appeared to be somewhat non-descript, but the hook is strong. Of course, I had to start it over and totally focus. Nice joint: socially conscious and vibin with the community:
I know nothing about Young Gully, but I like the track. It's the title track from the cd "The Grant Station Project" and it's a tribute to Oscar Grant. Gully gets more than sufficient support from Young Dee (though they could get better stage names) who comes in w/his slow and slurry delivery. Love the 'conductor' too at the end of the track.

It's message music hip hoppers, but is the message getting through? kfox.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you like this u should check this out too

www.soundcloud.com/danteck

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home