Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Thursday, November 11, 2010

VIDEO: Genesis Elijah "Doing My Damn Thing"

Aaaah, so refreshing, but I almost did not read the email on this one. I have little regard for folks who use all caps in email; just stop it already.

Good thing I did check the email though and the vid "Doing My Damn Thing" from Genesis Elijah. Lovin it. The beats and the music are stellar. The muted trumpet is doin it for this track. It's there, but not overwhelmingly asking for attention.

There some bragadociousness going on ... but that's to be expected, right? It's not over the top.

The vid is an attention getter too. Love the variety of scenery. Not falling back on the old tried formula of just hangin out on the street corner. Thanks for showing off your the city, some diversity and some love.

Check it hip hoppers ... time to do your own damn thing. kfox.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sinatti Pop said...

I'm really digging the video. It really is different and creative. I agree with you, I am also tired of the same typical music videos that you always see. Lets get creative people, and start making unique videos!

www.sinattipop.blogspot.com

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home