Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Mos Def "The Ecstatic"

I've been meaning to do a review of Mos Def's "The Ecstatic" for the past few months. Let's not be cynical in my lateness to this project. I mean, "The Ecstatic" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Rap Album. That spotlight has come and gone ... it is what it is. However, as a result of my inability to get a review posted, many, many others have covered the ground on this one.

So that leaves me to point you in the right direction for information as it relates to "The Ecstatic". What I will say about this project is that I love the diversity. There is a mix of genre's represented here.
I was attracted to "Roses" right away. Georgia Anne Muldrow's voice is immediately identifiable. She also produced the track. Seems 'The Academy' took notice of "Casa Bey", but unfortunately, Mos lost out to Jay-Z's "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)".

If all else fails hip hoppers, check the vid for "History". That's a collabo w/Talib. Black Star doin it so well. kfox.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love The Estacic, especially Quite Dog and The Palace.
Question- How Do I get you to review my independent Hip Hop project?

here it is
http://maxdb.bandcamp.com/album/back-to-the-future-7-2?permalink

Max.deciBels@yahoo.com

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home