Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

VIDEO: Lil E513

VIDEO: Lil E513

This still makes me laugh and smile and reminisce. Lil E513 is my friend's son. Lil E513's dad is the legendary Butch Gibson from Cincinnati. We don't hang out and haven't since I moved away from Cincy long, long ago. But Gibson knows how to rock a party. He's part nerdy guy; part business man; part crazy dude and all around cool. I could go on and on w/my stories about dj Butch Gibson - no, seriously, I could write a series of chapbooks on this character. Good times indeed.

However, apparently some of the elder's skills/talent has transferred this younger version, Lil E513. There's so much I like about this track and vid:

  • Crafty lyrics
  • Solid beats
  • Somewhat quirkily entertaining 
  • Takes advantage of limited resources (i.e. low or no budget for the vid)

He's still young and that's what I like ... oh, the possibilities hip hoppers. kfox.




Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You rock! Thanks for your kind words and for posting this video!

1:37 PM  
Blogger ohradiogirl said...

My pleasure ... I might just do my Butch Gibson story. Thanks for being a good friend.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home