Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Monday, May 10, 2010

Reflection Eternal f/Estelle "Midnight Hour"

Who doesn't like Reflection Eternal? Even if you've never heard of them, it's my bet that you'll like at least one track from their first track.

So, let me give you a bit of the back story - and I do mean just a bit. Reflection Eternal is Talib Kweli and Hi-Tek. That collabo is one for the history books. And they've done well for themselves individually too.

Now, the duo is back at it and the project will officially drop on Tuesday. The track "Midnight Hour" is already out there.

I must admit, that I was not feeling this to start, but I do like Estelle and I wanted to see how it would work out. I do like the way that Kweli adapts his flow on this song (I likes to see some versatility in an artist's style; especially since Kweli's been around. Because you know, some folks have been around and are doin the same ole, same ole). Of course, I like the tempo. I like uptempo music ... and the retro-soul sound is becoming; it gives the song a non-hip hop vibe.

I'm diggin it. You diggin it hip hoppers? Let me know. kfox.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rap Songs said...

Rap!

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Dave No Spaces said...

Lovely blog you havee here

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home