Indy Hip Hop World

"A setback is just a setup for a comeback." --from Bebe Moore Campbell's "72 Hour Hold"

Saturday, July 05, 2008

What I'm Listening to

I am often on the computer. I produce a weekly list of events that I distribute and it nearly consumes my Wednesday evenings. Love it though; my little 'community service.' So while I whittle away, I like to either watch a bit of television, usually reality TV, and/or listen to some hella good hip hop.

I've been trolling around Imeem, but I usually just go after oldies there. But the OkayPlayer webbie is looking better and better. Lots of good music, vids and just a wealth of information. They have an audio playlist on the front page that I am liking more than a little bit.

I created this screenshot to give you an idea of where the playlist is. I thought the image would be larger, but I think you can at least see the red arrow at the bottom or the image. Then the word circled in red is 'audio.' Check it out. Good stuff.

So the newest music that I actually have on my computer is:

Usher "Here I Stand"
N.E.R.D. "Seeing Sounds"
Amy Winehouse "Frank"

I am so diggin that "Frank." Just good music and original. The N.E.R.D. is cool. I like it, though it reminds me of their last project, which I also liked.

What's new to you and your playlist? Share the musical love hip hoppers ... kfox

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

silkk calone
he reps belize and south central l.a. i love the combo of both styles.
Silkk Calone - "3 Wheel Motion" - http://www.zshare.net/audio/1410415453a129c9/

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am on the computer almost full-time (8 hours a day lol). I love hip hop and I am digging your blog because you have a lot of great features. I usually listen to Pandora and let them put up a little station for me. One of the artists I've been listening to a lot is Delon , have you heard of him? He's an awesome Sri Lankan American rapper that keeps it real.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home